Wednesday, July 6, 2011

She Got Married, Too (unmarried version 2): Meet Janelle


I love reading about other couples. I love getting a
sneak peak into their lives and seeing how they make their situation work. Some would say that I'm nosy. Which I'm fine with. Because enough people were open enough to take me up on this guest poster series and answer with honesty, heart, and humor.
Enjoy :)




Names: Janelle and Chad

Ages: Janelle is 21, Chad is 30 years young!

We live in: Rowley, Massachusetts in a cozy two bedroom apartment.


Do you blog? (Where can we find you?) About what? I blog, Chad doesn’t I’m at http://www.livelaughlovemost.blogspot.com/ . I blog about a little of everything- thoughts about life, food, love, happiness, living frugally, being 21 in a world full of “grown ups” and trying to find my way..oh, and I love posting pictures of my babies- Callie, a seven year old appaloosa, Carson, a 6 year old terrorist (sorry, housecat) and Delilah, a 2 year old rescued rat!

What do YOU do? I’m a residential counselor for the Justice Resource Institute. I help mentally ill teenagers with their day to day lives and treatment in a residential program setting. I’m a mentor, friend, jokester/clown, time-keeper, note-taker, verbal-punching bag and I run fitness club twice a week…yep. I do it all. And I love it. My job is never the same. “My kids” always have some silly story for me and are so excited when I come in…and during the times where they are gracious for the things I do…painting their nails, taking them for a walk, sneaking them a special dessert once in a while, it really makes me love my job.
When I’m not at work I’m riding my horse, Callie, or (trying) to keep my apartment homey by keeping it smelling of clean laundry, warm baked goods, & a nice smelling Yankee Candle tart…oh, and shamelessly conjuring up blog post ideas.

What does HE/SHE do? Chad works full time in construction with his dad at Royal Construction, Inc. They are fantastic and do an amazing job. I am so looking forward to the barn that they are going to build for me and Callie ;) Chad has a degree in Criminal Justice, as well, and he is also a reserve Police Officer in a small town, working a few shifts a week and is hoping to become a full time Officer someday soon! Did I mention he’s also recently taken the Firefighter’s exam and is now on multiple lists for hiring!


How long have you been together? We’ve been a couple and practically inseparable since August 24, 2009.


What holds the two of you together? Our honesty…and our silliness. When someone makes you laugh as much as he does…and I do…there’s just no thinking about doing anything different. And the support. We both encourage each other to follow dreams and pursue anything that will give us another reason to live.


What do you argue about the most? Oh gracious…I think it’s mostly about time & money..but not in the “we have none of it, gosh darn you and this and that…” I honestly forget where I am sometimes. I’m 21, I’m in school full time and working part-time (which usually ends up being 35 hours a week instead of 24 anyway) and I get frustrated that Chad is so much further ahead than I am. I forget that he is 9 years older with more experience in…everything, so sometimes I feel a little…doofy. We because of both of our schedules it’s really hard to have a night off together so that gets really frustrating too.


Do you have kids? If not, are you planning on them anytime soon? OH heavens no! I love children and someday I will walk through stores with my little girl in cardigans and pearls…but at this point in both of our lives, it’s simply not practical to plan for a family. We’re focusing on our jobs, saving money, and each other.



No kids? Dogs? Cats? They count. Names? We are the proud parents of Carson & Delilah. Chad will tell you- he begged me not to take my cat with me when we moved in together, but he is also the one who Carson snuggles with the most (He’s sat on my lap twice. He sits on Chad’s lap twice a day.) Delilah, my 2 year old rat, is another one, who watches TV with us at night. Callie, my seven year old mare, lives about 30 minutes away in New Hampshire. Chad comes on occasion to visit her and would love to ride but time is an issue…but she is showered with presents every Christmas from him and he loves her for the stories and the smiles she lets me bring home each day I see her




Who cooks the most? We don’t have much time together to cook meals, but when we do have time, we usually cook together. Chad’s an amazing cook and a great teacher. I just experiment sporadically in the kitchen.




Who cleans the most? The monetary rent payment is not equally distributed, so I make up for what I lack in money with cleaning. I actually enjoy scrubbing and the clean smell that fills the room after. I really love doing laundry and will usually do both of ours. Chad works in construction, so purely by my choice I try to keep the house-y stuff my responsibility because he works so hard during the day.


Where do you see yourselves in five years? I’d love to be in a house together where every room has curtains…and with a dog. Oh, and I’ll have a career. Right now we’re not married or even engaged, so I’d love for one or both of those two will be in the picture as well!




If you could give an engaged couple any advice (assuming they asked for it), what would it be?:
Enjoy time. Don’t spend your life waiting for what comes next, because you’ll wake up one morning and wonder where your life went. Soak in every moment. Enjoy the little things and don’t take each other for granted. Love where you are at this very second together.





Janelle and I went to school together, and she's lovely. She's more adult-like than I am (but I suspect she's hiding something. I'll get it out of her soon enough), so she's probably better suited to be married. We went out to dinner a few (weeks? months?) ago for drinks and general tso's tofu, but she didn't have her ID, so... we need to do a do-over. As you can see, she has fantastic hair and a lovely smile. Chad should scoop her  up before I do.

They ALSO Got Married!


2 comments:

  1. How sweet! Their anniversary is the day after mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great feature! Love learning about how couples met and what holds them together {can totally relate to the "silliness" ... hubs and I are the same way!}.

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...