Tuesday, April 26, 2011

She Got Married, Too: Ana




I love reading about other couples. I love getting a
sneak peak into their lives and seeing how they make their situation work. Some would say that I'm nosy. Which I'm fine with. Because enough people were open enough to take me up on this guest poster series and answer with honesty, heart, and humor.
Enjoy :)


Name: Ana and the Mister F

Ages: 24 and 30

We live in: San Francisco Bay Area

Do you blog? (Where can we find you?) About what? My blog is http://my-newlywedlife.blogspot.com/ and is more like a journal of this new phase of my life. Being a newlywed is great! I talk about the process of getting married, living FAR away from home (I’m from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil), new recipes (especially Brazilian recipes), photos that we take (and we take LOTS of them), decorating a new house from scratch, and all the little things in life that makes us so happy.

What do YOU do? I used to be an English teacher in Brazil. I’ve been working as a nanny, but I’m trying to make my way back into the classroom.

What does HE/SHE do? He’s a software engineer. You can ask my husband anything about technology! He rocks!

How long have you been married? A month and a half.

How did you meet? Long story. He went to Brazil on vacation with his friends. We happened to be at the same nightclub one night and a random guy introduced us. We still have no idea who the guy is.

What do you argue about the most? We argue a lot about which sport is better: football or soccer???

Do you have kids? If not, are you planning on them anytime soon? No kids yet. We are making our way up to parenthood. Our plants are still alive. Next step: dog. Or maybe a fish, since we’re gone most of the day. And if we are good with those, then we’ll see…

Who cooks the most? I cook the most, since Mr. F is not done with work until almost 7pm. He makes excellent barbecue though.

Who cleans the most? Both of us. If I tell him that something needs to be cleaned, then we share the tasks and just do it!

What is your favorite date to go on together? To have a nice dinner together and then watch a movie drinking some wine. We’re very low-key. Or we go somewhere nice to take pictures. I mean… we go somewhere and take pictures. We take so many that it doesn’t really matter where we go.
Where do you see yourselves in five years? We see ourselves in this same house. We’ll have a kid, a dog and a fish. We’ll be taking trips to Brazil every now and then. We’ll be speaking Portuguese and eating bratwurst while watching the Green Bay Packers play. As long as we have each other, I’m sure we’ll be doing fine.

What is one thing about married life that took some adjusting or getting used to?
Maybe the finances? Before, I had my salary and could spend with anything I wanted. Now I have to stop and think about what I’m buying, since there are other bills to pay.

If you could give an engaged couple any advice (assuming they asked for it), what would it be?
Brides-to-be (and grooms), please don’t freak out during the wedding planning process! Remember that there are two people that love each other and want to be together. That’s all that matters.












I *think* Ana and I stumbled into each other via 20sb...is that right, Ana? Her story fascinates me (how they met?!), and I love the fearlessness in her.  Please check out her blog, and also come join in and tweettweet with us!

Ana on Twitter
Emma on Twitter



6 comments:

  1. I found you through 20 something bloggers in the group about "married but the newlywed phase is over" or something like that. I enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and if you don't care i'm gonna copy these questions for my blog. That ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ana, I checked out your blog, and those kids you nanny must be so lucky to have awesome food cooked for them!

    P.S. I vote for SOCCER, all the way!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, April!!!! I really enjoy cooking and having fun with it makes it even better!!! :)

    And THANKS TO EMMA, for having me over!!! ;D
    LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and i found you via 20SB! small world, new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, thank you for following! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...