Well folks. Quite a bit has changed since we've last met. Let's make it short and sweet:
- I like Sunday thru Saturday better, because Sunday is our new day to shop.
- I'm no longer eating eggs. Why? It's a secret. I'm not being obsessive over eggs that may be in a baked good that I might (rarely) eat from a bakery, but eggs are no longer in the meal rotations. (If you're wanting to know, you can e-mail me and I'll tell you. But if you love your eggs and you don't care why I stopped, then just ignore this!)
- I'm challenging myself to absolutely TOP out at $60. Our goal is to average $50 per week.
- I am currently trying to tone down my eating habits. I've found that as the stress level goes up, so does my scale. I am a stress eater. I need to learn to eat when I'm hungry, and not when I'm fussy and cranky.
- I'm going back to school- starting tomorrow- which means most dinners will be made ahead on Sunday to ensure that we're still eating well even when I'm cramming.
This week, for $44.87, this is what we are eating:
-oatmeal with raisins and walnuts
-toast with peanut butter and fruit
-greek yogurt/granola/berry parfait
Most days, leftovers from dinner will be eaten the next day as lunch. Other days, these are what I rotate in:
-veggie burger veggie wrap with veggies and slice of cheese
-baby green salad with green peppers, tofu
-tofurkey deli slices (buy on sale and freeze! this is a treat!) on homemade rustic bread, fruit, slice of cheese, carrots or celery
-pasta with veggie blast sauce, rustic bread, and salad
-teriyaki tofu, steamed edamame, brown rice and salad
-white bean kale soup with rustic bread and cheese