These are delicious. Eat them with chili, or warm with jam in the morning. The recipe can easily be doubled, and you can freeze them for later use.
1. Combine dry ingredients, mixing well:
2. Add in applesauce and oil, stirring just until moist:
3. Stir in milk, being careful not to over stir:
4.Line muffin tins, and distribute mixture evenly into cups:
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool:
6. Don't eat them before they cool, like Emma did. (She's intelligent, she just gets too excited for freshly baked treats. So now, the roof of her mouth gets to pay for that. )
Whole Wheat Mini Corn Muffins
12 mini muffins
-1/2 c whole wheat flour
-1/2 c corn meal
-1/8 c sugar
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
-1/2 c milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
-1/8 c canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and line or grease your muffin tin.
2. Combine dry ingredients, mixing well.
3. Stir in applesauce and oil, being careful not to over mix.
4. Gradually stir in milk.
5. Spoon into muffin tin, and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Let them cool.
Per Serving: 71 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 1 g fiber, 2.8 g fat