Friday, January 7, 2011

When in Doubt, Make a List.



   If you received an e-mail from me today, I'm going to come right out and tell you that it was on my list of things to do. Heck, if you got a text, it was probably written on my whiteboard.

I have this little problem where...I make lists. I mean, it's slightly embarrassing to the point where each room of our apartment is bound to be hiding at least four or five lists that I've made.

I'm not sure where this habit came from, but there's something reassuring to me about seeing everything that I'm supposed to do written out neatly on a piece of paper.

I don't stop at ''laundry'', or ''pick up mail''. I go to the full extent of ''get dressed'' and ''drink 8 glasses of water''. Sometimes, on a really rough day, I'll write things that I know I've already done...just to be able to feel slightly accomplished (I got that trick from my Momma).

Either way, I'm a serious list maker. It makes me feel more organized, more in control, and  more ready to tackle all of the silly little things that make up my day. And because it's the new year, it's time to make a more heavy hitting list. A list of my goals for 2011.

(Thank you, Blogger, for including the bullet feature...I feel right at home!)

  • Get back to school
  • Don't procrastinate
  • Run 10 mile race
  • Reach goal weight...no rush!
  • Continue baking fresh bread each week
  • Continue blogging
  • Try more recipes
  • Read Bible
  • Read at least two books per month
  • Hike more
  • Take more pictures
  • The list goes on....
There it is! Do you make lists? Did you make a special one for the new year? I'd love to hear!

Happy List Making!

5 comments:

  1. I am definitely a list maker! And I'm borderline A.D.D. so they come in handy. A friend of mine has been clinically diagnosed with A.D.D. and she told me she was advised to keep all her lists in one place, so I do just that.
    I invested in a really great planner w/a designated "note" section, so I only make my lists in that. Such a God-sent. And the feeling of accomplishment that comes from completing a list is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should really follow this advice! It's kind of embarassing when someone finds one of my lists by chance and starts reading it off aloud, *take vitamins? Really, Emma?*. Hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who writes down things she's already done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was all it took for me to think your blog is awesome...who can resist list-making?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...