Monday, October 25, 2010

forgot my ponytail holder... part 1 of 5


     Nicely done, Tufts.

This is one of my all-time favorite commercials, and it has prompted me to write a five part bit about weight loss, exercise, healthy lifestyles, trainers, the gym, and the whole shebang in general. In fact, I'm going to fill these posts with as much as I can, explain how I lost the weight  myself, and pretty much prove why no one needs a personal trainer for the long haul. (Ok, there are some instances where they really come in handy. Like post physical therapy, if you're ridiculously rich and fantastic, etc. But I'm talking about the average Jane using a ponytail holder as an excuse not to work out, who also happens to be carrying around an extra 20 to 30 el bees) Which some people would say is silly, considering that's what I'm working towards as a job. Anyway. I want to bring up excuses.

I love excuses. A week ago, I made a really great excuse to not work out, and I need to share it.
It was Brett's 23rd birthday, and we were celebrating. And so, I said to myself, ''Today I will not go to the gym, because I will eat cake. That way, tomorrow, without any cake in my system, I will have a better fresh start at the gym.''

Really? Really. I actually said that to myself, it's true. So I'll leave it at that for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...