Monday, April 18, 2011

Eating Well on Sixty: 4/15-4/21

I could easily spend an entire paycheck at the store each week. Sometimes I make excuses to go to Whole Foods when I really don't need to. Luckily, Brett is quite good at knowing when we really do need to, and when I'm just having WF hallucinations. (That alone probably saves us close to $1000 each year).But now that new school bills are looming in the very near future, it's time to get serious. And since I couldn't find many $60 meal plans that were healthy, delicious and vegetarian, I decided that I would create my own. Armed with three $20 bills, we will eat. And we will eat well.

I'm late with this post again- we went away this weekend, so I didn't go shopping until Sunday.

This week, this is what we're eating:

Breakfast
-homemade frozen whole wheat blueberry pancakes with fruit
-egg white scramble with tomato and  basil, english muffin
-oatmeal with raisins and walnuts, egg white omelet
-apple cinnamon muffins with fruit
Lunch

Most days, leftovers from dinner will be eaten the next day as lunch. Other days, these are what I rotate in:
-TVP sloppy joes on rustic, veggies, and piece of fruit
-baby green salad with green peppers, tofu
-tofurkey deli slices (buy on sale and freeze! this is a treat!) on homemade rustic bread, fruit, slice of cheese, carrots or celery


Dinner
Friday
-Pizza on homemade dough, salad

Saturday
-Sweet Potato Chili with Rustic Bread and grapes

Sunday
-Boca Burgers *left from last week* on whole wheat buns, potato coins, mixed steamed veggies


Monday
-BBQ Tempeh *lots of tempeh in freezer from sale at Whole Foods!*, veggie mac n cheese, cucumber sticks



Tuesday
-Salad with Tofu Fish Sticks :)



Wednesday
-Teriyaki tempeh stir fried with bell peppers over brown rice, salad


Thursday
-Pasta with pomodoro sauce, salad



Snacks/Treats
-popcorn with parmesean cheese and spices
-greek yogurt with grapes
-apples and peanut butter
-mini smoothies with frozen fruit

Last Week

I'm incredibly nosy curious about what other people eat, so share your link if you post your meal plan!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...